Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Did I grow yet?!?!?! Just do it Mom!

Well a week of growth hormone shots and she is dying to know if she grew yet!!!! Too bad I don't have the heart to break it to her that they don't exactly work that fast :)  She thinks she has grown...so we are running with it!

Last Thursday Kelsey and I went to Dr B's office to meet with the awesome angel of a nurse that set up the whole enchilada for us.  We went in with her entire kit and I learned how to give Kelsey her shot. I was so nervous I was shaking (on the inside ....I was not going to let Kelsey see that I was scared) Kelsey sat on that exam table crying and whimpering but not the hysterical fits that I was envisioning taking place (that had taken place when she needed blood work done) M went over the kit and how to give the shot and we practiced on the "dummy" and then it was my turn and I was to give Kesley her first shot.

I went through the steps and with a shaky hand gave her a shot in the leg......her choice (leg, arm, belly or butt) ....and we put on a band aid...got hugs and she then tells me ...mommy that's not too bad!!!
I was so proud of her!  We wrap up with Dr B and Nurse M and get all the side effects I need to look for (none so far ) and pack up all our gear. On our way our Dr B asks if we would like to meet with another mom and daughter with TS that happen to be there for an appointment and after a little wait we meet. It was great to meet another family IN PERSON!!!! Now I have another mom with an older girl (11) who I can bounce questions off of and feel like I am not crazy.  (well that is debatable ..especially to the people who know and love me!!!)  So for the next few days we learn to give shots in the different spots (she hates her butt ...she says it hurts more...but she will take it because it will make her grow and wants to be big!)

Well then along comes Hurricane Irene!!!! I was damn near terrified that we would loose power and I would loose Kelsey's meds (which need to be refrigerated) and my wonderful neighbor stops by to tell me that the generator is gassed up and ready to go just plug in and it will be running as long was we need it .....love him!!!
To the point his daughter texts me Sunday night to see if we have power because her Dad (my neighbor) would not let her take generator if Kelsey needed it.....I really do need to make him some cookies :)

So Lets see Darryl has had shot lessons..and successfully gave her one and Nanny has watched once....Kianna is fascinated and I feel like a circus side show each night as everyone wants to watch. Kelsey is bearly even flinching! She may whimper or cry a bit but she want to grow so badly that she says "just do it!!"  and counts to 5!

So last night we drew a line on the door jam of her bedroom door.......8/30/11 Kelsey Ryleigh --------------

Let's see where the next one is.........

2 comments:

  1. Amazing. Sounds like u r doing everything right. She will get used to it all. What great neighbors..yes cookies work! I cannot emphasize enough the strength of support from other families. No one understands like another family. Great job, and i love kelseys attitude about growing. She is so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you guys. I had no doubt, knowing you all well as I do, you'd be as educated as the Dr if not more so on anything TS in no time. Tell my Smelsey I am SO proud of her and can't wait to see her grow! Love you all! (even DW I guess, but don't tell him!)

    ReplyDelete