Thursday, July 25, 2013

Little news.....

Little news....she grew 1/4 of an inch ...but she lost weight! So back to trying to fatten her up!

So since we last met a few things have happened....school ended....uneventfully....she is going on to 3rd grade...she is struggling but as usual I am pushing for her and will always make sure that she has all the accommodations and supports that she needs. I think I am glad that this year is done. Not super impressed with her teacher...I think I just had such superstars for the first two years that when I got one that didn't shine so bright ..or go so far for her I was jaded....I guess I want everyone to go the extra mile for her and I have to remember that is not the norm and maybe this teacher was the norm...

She is training in the gym 2 days a week with the "Hotshots" pre team for gymnastics.....her second love..let me tell you this child has developed muscles on her muscles!  She is loving learning her routines. She loves her coaches and when she gets to work out with "the big girls" (the team girls ) she is in heaven!!!!  She seems to have a talent...if anything she is strong and determined but we knew that !!!! (Although she keeps asking when hockey starts!)

Her birthday was this past Tuesday...eight ...where did the time go....so I wrote a birthday post on Facebook as I do for each child on their birthday...here is Kelsey's ...
she came in feisty and determined as I guess someone had plans for her that we did not know about ...she came in to teach me what it meant to fight...for her.....with her.. and beside her...I have delighted to watch her unfold from a tiny infant who struggled to eat, grow and talk but had the... biggest eyes and an infectious smile, to a toddler with so much energy and hair I don't know what was bigger..lol...to a preschooler who pushed the limits and found her love of her sport...to a grade-schooler who despite her struggle comes out on top and loves everyone around her...she will do great things ...just you watch....
" Though she be but little, she is fierce!"-Shakespeare
So many liked and commented ..the love that this child carries amazes me.....so although we have little news ...she is continues to make progress....every little bit is big in my book!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment