Friday, August 24, 2012

How Does The Entire Summer Go By and I Missed It?

Just as the title of this post suggests...where did the summer go?  The girls were busy...Kianna was at camp and gymnastics ...Kelsey was .......

BUSY GROWING!!!!!

Yesterday she had her 3 month visit to endocrinologist and she grew another INCH!!!! So that is what she has been busy doing....so much for the adhd med slowing that down lol!!! She has grown a total of 3 and 1/2 inches in the 1 year that we have been giving her the growth hormones!!!

Now I think the crisis of changing insurance and the medical paperwork and medicine changes and all the phone calls to pharmacies and doctors and finally to the insurance companies themselves is what blew my summer away!!! (actually it is what blew the month of August away)

August was  the month of drug trials.....or drug fails for Kelsey. One insurance company covered the adhd med that worked wonderfully for her....no side effects and she was happy.  Change insurance and it is no longer covered so they gave her a "comparable" med....yeah it did nothing but keep her up till midnight every night!!!! So call pediatrician and find out that we can get a prior authorization for the old medication but she has to have a failure on 2 of their approved medicationsbefore they will approve the old medication. So one to another med...which changed my child into Linda Blair...I was waiting for pea soup to spit out her mouth!!! The suggestion...up her dose..so we did and it was the worse 10 days of our lives ...well I am exaggerating just a bit but you get the point....she was miserable...I was miserable.....I wanted to bring her to the insurance company's office and let her sit in their office all day and see what it was like!

Finally it was over and she got her approval and she is back on the original med and all is well...back on the omitrope for gh and she is ready to start 2nd grade!

She has one of the 2 teachers I wanted her to have ...although she is not with the bulk of her friends...including her best friend....I know I posted before about the importance of these friends and I hope that they will still stand by her even thought they are not in the same class. I will now have to work a little harder to foster her friendships but it is worth it in the end. 

Here is hoping that I can say where did the fall go.....as it means that all is well and my girls and my life is busy and happy .....time files when you are having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment