Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It's A New Year!

Well I succeeded in missing not only the Fall but the holidays too...sorry friends..but life has gotten away from me.

We have not had a whole lot of good news so maybe that is why I been so quiet.

Kelsey's last appointment was wrought with issues....no growth...weight loss...a question of her heart having some "stress issues"...a new rash/vitaligo spots...if her meds are working ....and then there was school...

So we tackled the easiest first....the rash...her awesome dermatologist had no clue what it was ..cultured it (which included scraping her skin....poor kid..) and it was some type of fungus that had turned into a vitaligo spot so gave her some creams and poof 3 weeks later all better ...well except for the white spots on her chest!

Next feed her more...she has to gain 3 pounds in 3 months to kick start her growth again.....OK...most fattening things that the poor PA suggests I say "nope she is allergic :) " so Kelsey is eating Peanut Butter Crackers and Chocolate Soy milk before bed most nights. ...Oh and trips to 5 Guys with Grandpa!!!

This month we go to cardiology to check the stress on her heart...that was an issue that I had no clue and the endo said that it was nothing to be to concerned about...just get it checked out....if they didn't call you about it after the last echo then it was nothing to worry about......heart=worry to me .....

and school.....she is plugging along....reading her report card requires a PHd but that I have said before....I still feel like she is very far behind the rest of the 2nd graders and I will fight to keep her where she belongs...

So here  are the highlights...she skated on the P-Bruins ice right before Christmas and thought that it was "a miracle" her word exactly!!! She is getting stronger everyday she skates and is becoming quite the gymnast too...she is writing stories all the time for me and loves to read them to me!

When I have more updates I will let you all know until then ....a New Year.....looking for more pounds and more inches for her!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment